What personal information do we collect from the people that visit?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number, information submitted with your inquiry or estimate request or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To improve our website in order to better serve you.
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
• To quickly process your transactions.
• To send periodic emails regarding your order, inquiry or information about other products and services from KB Prefab (www.kbprefab.com), KB Exteriors (www.kbexteriors.com), KB Basement Technologies (www.kbbasementtechnologies.com), KB Insulators (www.kbinsulators.com) and Kidd Bros Construction (www.kiddbrosconstruction.com).
How do we protect visitor information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards. We do not use Malware Scanning.
• We do not need an malware, vulnerability scanning or PCI standards because:
We do not collect any compromising data that requires malware or vulnerability scanning or data that is required to be stored per PCI standards.
We do not use an SSL certificate
• We do not need an SSL because: We do not collect any compromising data.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
• Keep track of advertisements.
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some site features may be disabled.
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information outside of the KB (Kidd Bros) Group of Companies, which comprises of the following companies:KB Prefab (www.kbprefab.com), KB Exteriors (www.kbexteriors.com), KB Basement Technologies (www.kbbasementtechnologies.com), KB Insulators (www.kbinsulators.com) and Kidd Bros Construction (www.kiddbrosconstruction.com), unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We may use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
• Remarketing with Google AdSense & Adwords
• Google Display Network Impression Reporting & Remarketing
• Demographics and Interests Reporting & Audience Behaviour
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions, and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Users are able to change their personal information:
• By emailing us
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
CAN SPAM Act & CASL
The CAN-SPAM Act and CASL are laws that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations, in the USA and Canada.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send product or general information, respond to your inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders, estimates or inquiries.
• We may also send you additional information about related products and services we offer.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM & CASL we agree to the following:
• NOT use false, or misleading subject lines
• To identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
• To include the physical address of our business
• To honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using a link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us or use the link at the bottom of any of our marketing emails and we will promptly remove you from ALL future marketing emails.
2085 Whittington Drive, Unit 1b
Peterborough, ON K9J 0G5